Thursday, January 30, 2014

Dizm Eyewear

A few months ago, I was introduced to Dizm Eyewear.  Honestly, I had never heard of the company, but a quick Google search increased my curiosity. & I’ve been wearing Dizm’s ever since.

photo:A Burgos
 Dizm was founded in Hermosa Beach in 2009 with a "focus on bridging the gap between action sports & fashion using bold styles, and individuality."  But Dizm is about more than good-looks and stylin’ shades. Their polarized lenses are paired with frames that are 100% renewable, recyclable, biodegradable & compostable plant based material.  

So, how do they perform?   I’ve been wearing the Mary
photo:A Burgos
Jane’s for the past 6 months  & they have been my go-to sunglasses for everything; fly fishing, hiking, Christmas tree hunting, happy hour on the patio, & even PRK eye surgery recovery.  On the river, they cut the glare exceptionally well & the clarity was a pleasant surprise to me. I have always struggled with seeing the fish & Dizm’s have upped my sight-fishing ability.  Even at the height of the sun & snow glare, Dizm’s offer clarity & quality eye protection. 


photo:A Burgos
Equally important to me is functionality. I’m not rich enough to buy sunglasses just for fly fishing, & another quality pair for every day use.  I want something that I can use all the time.  I can spend a day on the river & easily transition to a rooftop patio with friends.  I wear these sunglasses every day.  They’re comfortable to wear; they don’t hurt my head or the bridge of my nose.  Eye surgery can leave your eyes more sensitive to the sun, but with my Dizm’s, I don’t need to squint, or worry about proper eye protection
photo:A Burgos


 My Mary Jane’s have been sat on, stepped on by dogs, chewed on by cats, left in the sun…. You know, normal life ordeals that we all put our stuff through…. I’m just as happy with my Dizm’s as the first day I got them.  I love the fact that Dizm focus on the environment & yet makes a product that’s versatile. Even more exciting, in the near future, Dizm will be coming out with products that will be more specific to an angler's needs


photo:A Burgos

No comments:

Post a Comment